November 19th in history has been of marked significance for many reasons, mostly for bad reasons. Some of the incidents that impacted lives and livelihood of humanity are listed below.
International Men’s Day is observed every year on 19 November to raise awareness by improving gender relations, men’s health and promoting gender equality.
November 19th in World History- Important Event Happened to This Day
(i) 1703- The man in the iron mask, a political prisoner famous in French history and legend, died in the Bastille.
(ii) 1794- During his tenure as the first chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, John Jay negotiated the Jay Treaty with Great Britain, helping mend ties between the Americans and British.
(iii) 1820- The Troppau protocol, a declaration of intention to take collective action against revolution, was signed by the Holy Alliance powers at the Congress of Troppau.
(iv) 1863- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln delivered the brief but renowned Gettysburg Address at the dedication of the National Cemetery in Pennsylvania during the American Civil War.
(v) 1897: Great fire on London breaks out.
(vi) 1905: Steamer Hilda sinks in the English Channel, 100 die.
(Vii) 1915: The Allied Powers ask China to join the fight against the Central Powers in the First World War.
(viii) 1917: India’s third Prime Minister Indira Gandhi is born in Allahabad.
(ix) 1923: Music composer Salil Chowdhury was born in West Bengal.
(x) 1926: Leon Trotsky expelled from the Politburo in the Soviet Union.
(xi) 1942 Soviet forces take the offensive at Stalingrad.
(xii) 1928: Wrestler-actor Dara Singh is born.
(xiii) 1951: Bollywood actor Zeenat Aman is born in Mumbai (then Bombay).
(xiv) 1962- American actress Jodie Foster, who was best known for her dramatic portrayals of misfit characters set against intimidating challenges, was born.
(xv) 1969: Apollo 12 reaches the moon.
(xvi) 1969- Brazilian football (soccer) player Pelé scored his 1,000th career goal.
(xvii) 1975: Bollywood actor Sushmita Sen was born in Hyderabad.
(xviii) 1975- The dramatic film One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest was released in American theatres, and it became the first film since It Happened One Night (1934) to win the Academy Awards for best picture, director (Miloš Forman), lead actor (Jack Nicholson), lead actress (Louise Fletcher), and screenplay.
(xix) 1977- Anwar Sadat’s visit to Israel- After the Arab-Israeli war of 1973–74, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat began to work toward peace, and on this day in 1977 he began his historic visit to Israel, during which he offered a peace plan to its parliament.
(xx) 1985: US President Ronald Reagan and USSR president Mikhail Gorbachev meet for the first time.
(xxi) 1990: Pop duo Milli Vanilli stripped of their Grammy Award after it is learned they did not contribute to their award-winning Girl You Know Its True album.
(xxii) 1998: US House of Representatives begins impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton.
(xxiii) 1994: Bollywood actor Aishwarya Rai was crowned 44th Miss World.
(xxiv) 2007- Amazon.com began selling the Kindle, a wireless electronic reading device that played a key role in popularizing e-books.
(xxv) 2010: Mining disaster in New Zealand killing 29.
(xxvi) 2017- American criminal and cult leader Charles Manson—whose followers carried out several notorious murders in the 1960s, notably those at the home of Sharon Tate—died in prison at age 83.
19th November in Indian history – Birth Anniversaries of Famous People
- 1951- Zeenat Aman, Indian actress and model.
- 1971- Kiren Rijiju, Indian lawyer and politician from Arunachal Pradesh.
- 1975- Sushmita Sen, Indian actress and model who was crowned Femina Miss India in 1994
- 1979-Bakhtiyaar Irani, Indian film and television actor who has participated in Indian television reality shows.
- 1979-Rajneesh Duggal is an Indian film and television actor and a former super model.
- 1985- Badshah, Indian rapper and singer known for his Hindi, Haryanvi, and Punjabi songs.
- 1985- Shweta Mohan, Indian playback singer.
- 1995- Tara Sutaria, Indian actress.
- 1827- The queen of Jhansi, Rani Lakshmibai, who died fighting the British during the 1857 revolt and became a supreme symbol of Indian nationalism, was born on November 19, 1828, in Varanasi (in present day Uttar Pradesh) in a Maharashtrian Brahmin family..
- 1838- Keshub Chandra Sen was a Hindu philosopher and social reformer who attempted to incorporate Christian theology within the framework of Hindu thought.
- 1917- Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi was an Indian politician and a central figure of the Indian National Congress.
- 1928-Dara Singh Randhawa was an Indian professional wrestler, actor and politician.
19th November in Indian history – Death Anniversaries of Famous People
- 1831- Titumir was a Bengali Muslim freedom fighter who led a campaign against the British rule in India during the 19th century.
- 2000- Sahu Samuel an actor, known for Adina Megha, Hira Nila, and Lakshmi.
- 2007- Channaiah Odeyar was a former Lok Sabha Member of Parliament from Davangere in Karnataka, India.
- 2008- Manjeri Narayanan Nambiar was an Indian actor who worked in Tamil cinema.